Why are my songs on beemp3?
I saw that some of my songs could be downloaded from beemp3 and thought it curious since I hadn’t put them there. I decided to check their site and this is what I found:
1. Beemp3.com DOES NOT HOST any of the songs displayed on this site.
2. Beemp3.com indexes these files which are located on remote servers which neither Beemp3.com nor it’s affiliates have any connection with / control of / association with.
3. You download MP3 files from another host service. (NOT FROM BEEMP3.COM)
4. All music on is presented only for fact-finding listening.
5. You MUST remove a song from the computer after listening.
6. If You won’t delete files from the computer, You’ll break the copyrights protection laws.
7. All the rights on the songs are the property of their respective owners.
8. By using this site you agree to have read and understood our Terms Of Service.
9. We are just a SEARCH ENGINE, but we respect an Copyright Laws. So if You have found the link to an illegal mp3 file, please report it to Us through a “Report Copyrighted Link” Form. You can find it on every download form.
OR report it to Us webmaster[AT]Beemp3.com. We will remove it in 3-5 business days.
I did a little more sleuthing and it seemed to be that they had found the songs for download on Last.FM. Interesting.
The question then becomes, how does one benefit from their songs showing up on BeeMP3? My gut feel is that you get a small benefit in case someone finds your song and then goes to search for other songs of yours that they might like but the search engine doesn’t seem that great to me. More importantly, what I don’t know is how many people regularly use BeeMP3.
I think one of the most important things to do is to make sure your MP3’s have your proper band info, song title and contact info in them.